I would like to invite you to get into the word of God with me for the next forty days, right up until Easter. I believe that as we embark on this journey together, we will be encouraged, inspired and changed by the sheer power of God’s Holy Word. You can catch the readings on our Facebook page and Website daily.
There pointers before you start to read:
- Ask : The Holy Spirit to help you understand the magnificence of what you are reading. Ask those important, what, where, why, who, when and how does it apply to my life.
- Seek : A quiet place and time to read daily.
- Knock : Knock off the noise that surrounds your head.
Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
- Who else do you think God is referring to when he says, “Let us make mankind in our image”?
What do you think it means to be made in God’s image?
How could knowing you are made in the image of God impact your daily life?
- God charged people with ruling the earth. What does that look like and how are you living that out?
“Thank you for creating us in your perfect and holy image. May we always find our identity in you alone. Please remind us that we are made for a divine purpose. Help us to represent you in all we do and take good care of all you’ve placed in our hands. Give us the confidence to live out all you’ve created us to be. Amen.”