Bible Reading Tips
Following on from last week’s sermon here is the information that I said I would post on how to read the Bible. There is a lot of information and advice on the web about reading the Bible; some of it good and some of it not so good, but I found this advice via readyourbibledaily.com to be pretty sound.
During the week Simon Mc Govern emailed me the following advice that could certainly be worth a try if you’ve read the Bible in the past and are finding it difficult to get started again or to maintain the habit:
- Try a new Bible translation
- Try add your reading to an existing habit (eg.. brushing teeth, eating breakfast etc)
- Read with an audio book, use a pen & paper to take notes/ doodle-it will help you to remember
- Read it like a novel, follow the story lines & timelines
- Pick a book and try to find where it applies to your life now
Also, as I mentioned on Sunday, Noel delivered a message called “The Bible Unwrapped” which is full of good advice and can be listened to by clicking here.
Happy Bible reading